Saturday, January 1, 2011

Affairs and Integrity

 
"I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
          when will you come to me?
I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart."
Psalm 101:2

I was reading this last night, and I stopped to think about the second part of the verse.

"I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart."


I don't know about for you, but sometimes, for me, it is so much easier have a blameless heart when people are watching.  At church, with my Christian friends, or (dare I say it?) on a blog or in a note.  What I love about this verse is how it says, "the affairs of my house".  In the comfort and privacy of my home, am I doing things with a blameless heart?  Am I guarding what kinds of things I watch on t.v., what I do with my time, or how I speak to my parents/roommates/whoever else?

I am sure we can all think of Christian leaders who struggled in this area. In public, they seemed to be people of great faith and Godly character. However, at home, they were something completely different.

Today, as we embark on the beginning of 2011, I want to challenge us to be people of integrity.  Integrity can be defined as, "the quality or state of being complete or undivided." Let's make it our prayer this year to be complete people with Godly character no matter where we are or who is watching. Let's present ourselves to God with blameless hearts, fully devoted to Him. For after all, He is worthy of nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment