Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Way or The Highway

I came across this quote tonight.

“We are, all of us, utterly committed and deeply devoted to our style, our way, our approach to life. We have absolutely no intention of giving it up. Not even for love. So God creates an environment where we have to. It’s called marriage.” (John and Staci Eldredge, Love and War)

I can’t comment on marriage, but I am certainly finding that truth in several other areas of life.

Work. Friendships. Relationships.

My style, my way of thinking and viewing the world, my approach to life. Me. Me. Me.

The problem is, those areas aren’t always going so great. Might there be a connection? Maybe it all lays in this…

“Honor one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:10)

Easy to say, hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment